Sunday, November 3, 2013

Re-entering the atmosphere

I can still write from time to time
Too bad the well is dry for today
I'll drink tomorrow

Though yesterday was plenty hot
Today is a cool summer day
Not thirsty now, I'll drink tomorrow

I know you've been waiting for me
Or at least that's what today's sun has been telling me
I'll come with the wine, we'll drink tomorrow

I have been running like you told me
Now we're stuck in the Dog days
Can't stop sprinting now, I'll drink tomorrow

Cold Winter days coming soon
Then today will be summer
You'll be gone from me, I'll drink to you tomorrow.

Sorry I couldn't keep my promises
I kept my promise today
Tomorrow I'll lose it. So I'll toast to you tomorrow

I know our lives were sorrow
But there is a buzz about today
Our thirst of life will be quenched tomorrow




No comments:

Post a Comment