Thursday, March 27, 2014

I knew of a girl

There was a girl I knew of
She was my true love
I knew because the blue sky was no longer cloudy
and within the clouds themselves were folds
I tried to take them and make figurines
to give to her, she'd smile and grab the grass in handfuls
the blades were like toothpicks, which she'd stack
on a table to build a house, much like the house of our dreams.

There was a girl I knew of
She was special
I knew because the starry sky was lit,
I was lost but for that one moment
where time seemed to drag along
a streak across a dream
I can't explain what she did
she smiled and twiddled on the floor
there were specs of dust that were wiped away
tending to our garden, our dream house was clean

There was a girl I knew of
she was my destiny
I knew because the sun was shining so pleasantly
burning in a furious passion in order to melt the frozen earth
and she would just grasp her visible breath in her palms
and then push it off to me, so that I might hear her whispers
I tried to craft a table for us to eat on, but I could not do so
so I built chairs, we sat on them and used our laps,
I cooked, there was no recipe, only a fire

There was a girl I knew of
she was my true love
I knew because the sky was riddled with a thunderstorm
and the rain plodded down on our exposed bodies
The grime of the earth slowly drained down the hills
near where our dream house would be, the earth was sodden
though it held our footprints as mementos, we sat under a tree
and the rain caressed our feet, she picked up some twigs,
she gave them to me, and so I bounded them and made a set of chimes
the wind blew furiously, singing to our future dream house

No comments:

Post a Comment