Saturday, March 26, 2016

Supernova

Supernova, burning bright
There is no end to your great light 
In sight, your might, illuminates night 
And though I look away, it's hard to fight

The plight, it smites, my wrongs and rights 
so that I may indulge in sacred flight
from sights of every width and height 
Please do not loosen, hold on tight

Your warmth, as loose as an errant kite 
Yet I feel before you reach my sight
Your thermal presence fills me with fright 
Behold, you free fungi from their blight

And yet people try to emulate your state
Their blunders and scorched earth, all mistakes 
I fear they will think you can be replaced 
To recreate god's mysteries is a fool's fate. 

And I guess I am the fool tonight
for your majestic presence did beknight 
upon me, an oath, perhaps a sacred right 
With you, I am golden, alone, a mite 

Supernova, burning bright 
I know an end to your light 
With might, through night, remain in my sight
I won't look away during your final fight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment