Thursday, September 19, 2013

Resignation

You've relegated me to this prison
On here I am caged in an infinitesimal emptiness
What you see are my echos
What I hear are my own musings
The river can never be seen from the outside
You can only see its condensation on the glass wall
Yet I am drowning every night
You can see my sullen clothes drying by my side
So now I sit naked on the floor, while you peep in.

The floor is cold and black.
There is no light in this prison.
My echoes serve as the only indication of life
You cannot hear them. Instead you see the condensation of my breath on the glass panel
A rainbow appears when you try to wipe it off
You are cold, I know, but this warmth comes at a cost.
There is no real bed for me to rest on here
Such idleness is pointless when you live resigned
You will soon leave to your bed

Now I am once again alone
I talk only to myself here
And once in awhile I'll crack my knuckles
to create a percussion for my discussion
My musings speak out your name
But I know you are not there
So their colors fall on deaf ears
What does it matter?
They are a symphony
I am their maestro
I shall take my bow now.

No comments:

Post a Comment