Friday, April 10, 2015

Floatsam

Look at what I found!
Resting on the side of the river bank. 
You're smooth with soot embroidering your face. 
My Gaia in the palm of my hand. 
And so I follow your river down to your origin. 
It pours into a bioluminescent lake 
You look like the moonlight. 
I come right up to the divide between water and land. 
I throw you
You skip, once, twice, three times. 
Each skip produces ripples that spread
So I dip my feet into the water in anticipation 
of your embrace finally reaching me. 
It travels from my toes to my head. 
I can feel you calling out. 
Good travels my fair stone!
Now you can begin your final journey. 
Alas I am too old to dive. 
So I tread, imagining what it would be like. 
To be a leaf falling in still air 
When you reach your basin, please remember me. 
The air in my lungs won't expire yet. 
So I lay lifeless looking at the moon. 
I smile imagining you smiling back. 
The soot is cleaned off your surface
And so you receive a new face when you imprint the ground. 
I hope I receive a new face one day. 
But for now I let my skin wrinkle. 
Until my buoyancy subsides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment