Sunday, December 29, 2013

Doggie Valhalla

I hate cutting leashes, but I guess I got to see the dogs run
in circles, endlessly spiraling and there's green littered all over
the fields that they frolic in, the sun bathing their bodies
I set them free and typically they'll do me the same favor 
so we run around in circles, chasing each others tails
till we're tired and have nothing but a thirst and hunger
I go back to the trough we came from, but I'm alone
Such is the fate for the unchained, he will dine alone
Such is the fate for the unhampered, he will wine alone. 
Still, those moments scurrying over nothing were great
I think I dug up some holes to commemorate them. 
Now you treat them like mines, the field a minefield 
No field and no companionship, what am I to do? 
Eventually I'll be given entrance to a new track. 
I ran quick enough, I've won apparently. 
So I leave you
And you don't give me but a whimper, because we're all bred
to leave our comrades. And while we thought change wasn't gonna come. 
It is our master, playing fetch with each of us individually, driving us apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment