Sunday, July 19, 2015

Shrewd Scowls

I think we all know better than to wait for the leaves to turn red.
Still, I don't doubt that autumn is going to come. 
And it'll be great, people will jeer at the trees shedding their green hue. 
The trees look at us harrowing as they lose their youth.
Why must I die? They ask. 
We just rake their concerns into piles and jump right into them. 
What fun is biodegradable material! 

I can't remember what winter feels like. 
Though I'm in a Starbucks, blasting the a/c to prove a point
fuck mother nature and Sam Champion 
And I still order the iced latte, though I hate coffee
Isn't that what people drink at these places? 
Next time I'll order a Cap'n Crunch from the "secret menu" 

The roads melt in front of my eyes, 
which are red from perspiration and building sweat. 
C'est La Vie, did I spell that right? Oh well it means life is beautiful anyways 
I could have just said it in Spanish, but unless there's an accent to denote a Barcelona inflection none of you would read as high class anyways
I forgot I was describing a mirage. The premise left me. 
Oh well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment